After I had my draft structure done I had to distribute the content along a 10-minutes’ timeline, because I had only 10 minutes for my presentation. Actually, I had 10-12 minutes, but I decided to leave 2 minutes as a reserve in case something goes wrong.
Now the process of distributing all I wanted to say properly was a real challenge. In order to make it easier, I first drafted a timeline in my notebook.
Then I typed the text word by word and tried to read it with a stopwatch. Although I managed to fit it into the time frame (at the third attempt), I realized that I have to make it even shorter and, what is most important, to get rid of syntactically complicated constructions. So I ended up having a text divided into parts according to my presentation slides with 3 to 8 sentences for each slide.
And here’s my presentation at Slideshare (actually longer than it used to be, because I split the animated slides made in PowerPoint into separate slides, as Slideshare doesn’t read animation).
It is originally in Russian of course, but I translated it.
Also, thanks to Jakes from my wonderful Team 10, because he sent me very helpful materials regarding designing presentation. And thanks to Irina (from the same team among all) for also sharing materials and generally being extremely encouraging.
By the way, I found out that PowerPoint and SlideShare are badly compatible. So I had to do some extra editing to make it look similar to its initial ppt version. Maybe next time I’ll try playing with Google and Libre Office equivalents, as well as Presi.com. But hopfully, not too soon, because I want to get back to the wonderful Python MOOC, which has already begun. The 1st week’s tasks don’t look too challenging, but there’s a bunch of some new information that I want to digest before I receive the next portion of tasks.